Weston CT Dog Ordinance in full
CT Animal Control Taskforce
"DOG ORDINANCE PURPOSE" - "FOUR LEGS GOOD, TWO LEGS BAD" from Animal Farm: BREAKING NEWS
Chena's favourite short stories: https://sherlock-holm.es/stories/html/advs.html
D N N M A S T H E A D
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF - Chena. This season she is hoping to integrate new dogs into the staff, as she observes them over October and November. Pledge to not make stuff up still holds. Favourite author for quick mysteries...
VISITING EDITORS - Beemer (Car Litter), former Editor-in Chief, ret.; ChaCha (R.I.P., in previous years), coming from "legacy media" would actually check her spelling.
ASSISTANT EDITOR: MAC (Ret.)!!!
RESEARCH: EAGLES ON THE JOB FOR IDITAROD
SENIOR FIELD REPORTER - Job restructured
FIELD REPORTER - Younger dogs in training to try out - Chena to assess their skills during Iditarod if she is on the Black Team.
ASSISTANT RUNNER: Job restructured.
Iditarod XLIV (2016) Red & Black Team reports from woof-master.
Iditarod XLV Red & Black Team 2017 reports.---------------------------
Iditarod XLVI Re-Start Sunday!
Now she can plan for Weston-related dog matters, after winning the Yukon Quest 1000:
a. P&Z received dog park application for 8-24 review scheduled at Weston Library, 7:15pm, March 1 P.H. All written testimony/evidence must be available by Feb. 26. The Black Team will consider submitting a statement after YQ1000 is over.
b. Conservation Commission "walking" wetlands Saturday Feb. 10.
c. Park & Rec meeting notice for Feb. 12th here.
HOLD THE PHONE...
Petition submitted with sufficient number of signatures to hold a Special Town Meeting (and Referendum to be included?)...
Woof, woof...woof. WOOF!!!"
(Translation: Thanks so much for this lovely gift! We tried our best and couldn't have done it without the great training from SP Kennel's Crew. And of course, our mushers.)
COPPER BASIN 300
14 January 2017
ACTUAL RESULTS AT 2AM HAVE ALLEN 4TH - BUT HE HAD THE FASTEST CUMULATIVE RUN TIMES - AWESOME BLACK TEAM, WOOF, WOOF, WOOF!!!
HERE'S THE STATS ON DROPPED DOGS BUT ALSO TIMES BY CHECKPOINT
And the race folks are just now realizing that doing the math properly will be how the results may end of being determined - so now Bruno with his law school degree he got in the mail from University of Phoenix is going to make his mark! WOOF! (Translation: "Point of ordure")
CHEMO IN LEAD WITH SPARK
First this year Jan. 14th the COPPER BASIN 300 TRACKER new; and everybody is in it (those mushers from Interior AK and Yukon Territory). This should be, as is said in traffic planning, like a 90th highest hour situation - slowdowns from sheer numbers of mushers??? Red Team and Black Team entered and R&B/Chris. No warm up races at shorter distances this season.
According to official race P.R. for CB300, Black Team has established stars, R&B as well, but we don't know that for a fact, and Red Team has experienced yet young up-and-comers with some cuties. ChaCha reads between the lines of her son Willie's analysis and hopes to see all 4 x 36 doggie legs doing their best...24 plus 120 = 144 (Willie made an arithmetic boo-boo) Total 150 incl. mushers (3 x 2 legs).
Macgellan notes #36 was Black Team's number in 2015 when they won...RED TEAM was #34 finishing 5th
ChaCha used to recall Macgellan advice on CB300 keeping score on who's ahead...just count run time and forget about rest time because it is a short race and leaders don't use more time than they have to (compared to YQ and Idit). ChaCha remembered sometimes when it was hot in the flat and snowing in the mountains in this race...
WHO IS ON WHICH TEAM? Chena says "300 miles is a long distance - but 60 miles is DEFINITELY a sprint!!!" You gotta know when to hold'm and when to let 'm RUN RUN RUN.
EVALUATION BY MUSHER: Dogs were super, musher plan did them a disservice 'cause 4-legged team members were all FABULOUS!!!
BLACK TEAM #6
Musher: Allen - CB300 info shows Allen dropped another dog, don't know who yet.
Leaders: Junior, Kodiak
Swing: Commando, Dutch
Team: Mismo, Izzy, Daisy, Rodney, Tinder, Champ
Wheel: Chipper, Felix
RED TEAM #31
Musher: Aliy - had to drop one dog at Tolsana and...it was Sissy, who developed the exact same thing as in the first leg off the race (snow ball in her sock) so will ride shotgun to the end of the race!
Leaders: Lydia, Spark
Swing: Amber, Chemo
Team: Nomex, Violet, Sissy, Scooter, Clyde, Driver
Wheel: Iron, Sandy
R&B #37 - Chena makes the R&B's, formally handing off the duties of Editor to Ret. Editor Beemer, who shares this: "Woof" (Translation: Impressive showing, R&B!!!")
Musher: Chris - Made the decision to SCRATCH at Lake Louise Lodge, halfway to Mendeltna from Tolsona .
Leaders: Scout, Scruggs
Swing: Olivia, Nelson
Team: Woody, Chena, Hotshot, Outlaw, Ginger, Five
Wheel: Cayenne, Ernie
NOTE: With heavy snow altho' light in feel, the going is pretty tough. And we got a report - see SCRATCH for the R&B. WHAT A RACE
RED TEAM LEADER GETS VET AWARD; WINS TR100
TWO RIVERS DOG MUSHERS' ASSOC. 200 AND 100 MILE RACES
20 January 2017
COLD WEATHER COMING THIS WEEK...
SP Kennel's finest - marvelous veterans showing what they can do!!! Chena grateful for tips in last year's Iditarod from Quito
Race or FACTOR #2 is what comes next (Two Rivers)? When? January 20th to 22nd, TR200. Red Team in 100 miler; R&B/Ruth in 200 miler and TR100 also for (R&B/Chris) - QUITO pairing with Waylon on R&B/ Chris. No NACHO to appear in TR200/100 races, we believe because of the super cold weather or because he honored Quito's yearling "QT" by giving up his place on the RED TEAM?
Willie is racing and will have a report, we are sure. "Woof, Woof, Woof..." (Translation: "I was right - Quito asked for Waylon as co-leader in the TR100). Now where else will you get news like this??? And perhaps Willie is on the money here - puppies on these teams. A really, really young bunch for Red Team dozen, too - with Junior in lead and six Olivia and Nacho doggies out of 12...
TR200 LEADER MODE
Chena is on the trail in lead of a team of nine (could have had 12); one dog is dropped with Chemo and the team includes her mother Olivia and Bean, Sanka, and Hotshot.
CHENA SAYS "WOOF!!!" AND HAS FUN FUN FUN IN SWING, TOO
100 mi race is over...200 over with SCRATCH because it would take too long for young dogs to complete it and have FUN! Red Team wins the 100 miler;
Breaking news...on the trail again - closed it out!
Way the heck across Alaska - about the same distance my Daddy would drive to our summer rental in the Adirondacks every weekend. Shorter trip if you are a crow (Fairbanks to Anchorage) - GO R&B
NORTHERN LIGHTS 300 A NEW RACE FOR SP KENNEL!!! Starts Friday - so team will be on the road way before that...
Chris and R&B Team on a road trip!!! MAP at right links to distances. FINGER LAKE, an Iditarod stop, is included (we note that the Happy River Steps are after Finger Lake in Iditarod).
Rules are sportsmanlike; two mandatory six hour rests plus others total 18 hours. See map at right showing R&B Team is traveling a bit further to mush than the actual race distance - 300 miles!!!
Chena sitting this one out. Glad to see that news will be flowing from SP Kennel website too!!!
THE R&B TEAM RUNNING A LONG RACE AND... FYI - we think Waylon and Scout poured it on in the stretch run and so the kids learned what it means to PASS.
THEY ARE OFF!!! WAYLON EAGER TO SHOW HE IS JUST AS AWESOME EVEN WITHOUT ONE TOE!!!
Inquiring minds wonder how many youngsters will take part? A baker's dozen.
Who's in lead? Scout and Waylon.
Who's in Swing? Woody and Sanka.
Who's in Wheel? Perky and Barista.
How are they doing? See analysis!
Chena says not to worry. "A 300 mile race for youngsters is a big adventure" she explains. "I did the CB300 when I was a year old, and got pooped just before the end - ended up in the sled watching the race from the musher's perspective" which was a bit of a giggle she noted.
THE SUN IS UP...the R&B team members who did not complete the race... but the cheered on their mates!!!
What an interesting race! Designed by some famous mushers to give all dogs a chance at a really long race - but no pressure - this is a doggie delight!!! WOOF WOOF WOOF!!!
R&B sticking to its plan! (NOTE: They made it up and down the really big hill...) This was a test for the young dogs especially and what an adventure - picture book finish!!! And they passed a team in the last leg, pretty close to the finish!!!
COOL LEADERS TO CLOSE IT OUT - That darn wabbit showed up again in next to last leg!
Exactly where it was outbound!!! But this time Schmoe was in lead with Scout and he said firmly "That piece of fluff ain't worth more than a bark or 2."
Even younger on average than the Red Team!!!
T H I R D P L A C E F O R T H E V E R Y Y O U N G B L A C K T E A M
B L A C K T E A M N U M B E R E I G H T
And they are off!!!
Black Team : http://spkenneldoglog.blogspot.ca/p/race-rosters-2.html
Y U K O N Q U E S T 1 0 0 0
R A C E T R A C K E R
W H O 'S A H E A D A N D N U M B E R O F D O G S
SUPPLEMENT TO SPK WEB OFFICIAL REPORTS: DNN COMMENTARY FOR PART TWO OF YQ1000
Editor-in-Chief Chena says "WOOF" (Translation: "Back to work on DNN this year with Grandma ChaCha"). Now on a brief vacation in the luxurious Doggie ("Doge's") Palazzo.
Y U K O N Q U E S T 1 0 0 0 P A R T T W O - R O A D T R I P C O M I N G
- Spark, field reporter for Black Team; Izzy for "colour commentary" on social aspects of race;
- Schmoe, historical reference reporter;
- M. Clyde, food critic;
- ChaCha available as needed for the real story. ChaCha says "Woof" ("thanks") to son Beemer for being acting Editor for the first half of the race.
REPORT FROM DAWSON CAMP, WEDNESDAY, FEB. 8, 2017: "ZZZZZZZZZZZ" as the Black Team rests up for part two...
- Chef Clyde is in with a special report: "WOOF WOOF WOOF" - which means that the first meal was fantastic, according to sources - WOOF (Translation: "First of all, it was as much as they desired - plus it was served with 'massages' which made them happy!")
- On Chef Clyde's suggestion, the handlers and mushers sit down for a fine meal in Dawson City "Woof" (Translation: "An international eatery with ample portions and great French-Canadian Fries").
- "It was the French-Canadian Fries" Chef Clyde suggests, although no one is sure what cause temporary distress all through the team that slowed them down on the way to Circle City.
- BREAKING NEWS: Chef Clyde has a hot tip from an eagle - YES - it is turkey skins and broth being served at the "trail-side trattoria" approaching Eagle Summit! "Woof" says M. Clyde! (Translation: "Although it can get windy here. the view and ambiance is excellent!")
DOGGIE YQ IS LIKE HUMAN IQ.
- Schmoe notes his YQ was much shorter than he remembers the race being - "Woof" (Translation: "Woody ran so fast we finished in what seemed like less than one third the time!").
- Schmoe is so sensitive he tries to make comparisons for the 4-legged folks - "Woof" (Translation: "King Solomon's Dome is 3500 feet high [five such peaks in the race] - Mount Rainer is 14,000 high - we climbed higher!!!").
- With all his experience and sensitivity, Schmoe is alarmed at the Black Team's pace on Saturday. "WOOF WOOF" (Translation: "Speed and rests suggest some one is being 'carried' - important to rest the team because after Circle City will be a another couple of very steep mountain climbs").
- Schmoe's analysis in Circle City prior to actual reports is this: "WOOF WOOF" (Translation: "That's SP Kennel Black Team - cares first for doggies, then fellow 2-legged competitors - great idea to run the windy icy miles to Circle City with a buddy.")
- Upon second thought, Schmoe notes that he is a team dog, and never had to lead the way up the twin peaks, which he, as a thoughtful animal, has been worried about. He said: "WOOF WOOF WOOF" (Translation: "Ask Quito, Izzy's Mom, who is a two-time Golden Harness winner here, what it is like!")
- Here in the end of the race, Schmoe comes up with a terrific idea! "Woof, woof?" (Translation: "Since there is nothing in the rules that expressly forbids it, Bruno has suggested to me that Eagle Brigade develop procedures for next year's YQ1000"). Eagle Summer School suggested.
Social media Izzy gets her picture taken (this is the link) in lead up Eagle Summit (SP Kennel photo 2015 [l]) looks for data sources for Spark (pic center - left doggie) to research! Bald Eagles join DNN!!!
- First word from Izzy picked up from an eagle who reports: "Cheep!!!" (Translation: "Great glowing green necklaces - we'll follow Black Team all the way in and report to Izzy").
- Izzy does a deal to trade info for glow-in-the-dark green necklaces for eagle-eye on the team!!! "WOOF" (Translation [showing sensitivity to air force animals]: "The crows can have my pink and white blanket, too!!!").
SPARK'S REPORTS FROM IZZY'S LEADS:
First his up close and personal report on the sleepover in Dawson: http://spkenneldoglog.blogspot.com/2017/02/yq-dawson-dog-camp.html
YQ1000 PART TWO BEGINS
AMERICAN SUMMIT LOOMS (L). SPARK REPORTS "WOOF" - ON THE WAY UP (C) FRIDAY A.M. (EST) AND ON THE WAY DOWN (R) @3PM...team slows down...
- Spark reports they are on their way 150 miles ahead to the next stop...and he was told there are eagles there "Woof" (Translation: "Since we are all tied together in a line including the sled we do not fear individual eagle attacks"). Bravely spoken, Spark!
- And this morning we see that race leader, after a long rest at the base, is now taking another rest after completing American Summit.
- This afternoon the tracker has "dog fight" between first two mushers - Black Team hangs back, saving their strength for last two of the five uphill climbs??? (This observation from viewing tracker, not from Spark, confirmed by YQ1000.)
WHAT'S NEXT? From experience I have observed all three leaders have not spared their teams engaging in "race" techniques.
ChaCha offers her ideas..."Woof" (Translation: "It is always down to the number of dogs"). As we call it a day, we note that the leader dropped another dog. But you never know - the final two hills at the very end of 900 miles will be the test.
And then, how much will the 4-legged athletes have left in the "tank" to use an expression.
Chena pipes up with the fact the the trail goes through the "Chena River Recreation area" and hopes this inspired her brothers and sister (Commando, Spark and Amber) who are still with the team on the trail!!! At that point, eagles will flood the skies for Black Team!!!
DATA MISSING? BUT WAIT - WE FOUND IT!!!
When we got to update Sunday...
Chena says to keep up hope for a healthy Black Team!!! Black Team spent less time in check points than other leading teams.
Based upon her analysis, it may be significant that Black Team may have been taking breaks more often. We say that because as was pointed out by SP Kennel, the teams are incommunicado until Circle City so it is anybody's guess!!! Leaders are chasing each other out of Circle City...all the way up the twin peaks?
Here's hoping all SP Kennel athletes - 12 doggies in the line and their two-legged musher - are OK!!! Extreme cold (and reportedly windy on the river...).
Has the Black Team been camping out along the way? Or just going a bit slowly? Chasing moose? We'll find out soon!!!
- While Spark is getting some food and liquid and rest prior to reporting, Chena prepared her own comments based upon previous YQ events.
- "Last year, when the YQ300 began in Fairbanks, I was dropped at Mile 101 - because my Musher detected that I had developed a limp on the way to the line to leave. So I did not get to experience the twin peaks."
- Schmoe was consulted. He suggested asking Quito as well (above right).
- Quito had a lot to say. First of all, she noted that gamesmanship prevails with 2-legged Mushers at the Yukon Quest more than other races.
- Quito notes that one time the leader fell asleep in a cabin and Black Team passed them without even noticing - "But we finished 2nd. I took the wrong turn on purpose toward the end - we didn't want to win that way."
ON TO CENTRAL!
Black Team healthy now. So happy all dozen are continuing on!!! It isn't fun when you have the runs in 40 degrees below zero.
First cold and wet, then "twin peaks" of Eagle Summit...Izzy's "eye in the sky" reporters gets to the top before lead teams do.
In years past it has happened, if we recall correctly, that 2017 number two and number three teams' Mushers at this point helped each other over Eagle Summit. Eagle Brigade shown above offers their services to ferry full team AROUND the Summit.
Whoa! Procedures not made official BUT a great way to involve more animals in YQ!!!
With the previously mentioned number two musher out of the race now due to concern for dogs, the previously mentioned number three musher is in hot (or cold) pursuit of leader. Considering that the topo seems to suggest a sharp uphill coming for the leader (s), we hope no further doggie problems will occur. Winning isn't everything!!! Chena sends her best and warmest thoughts to Black Team, however. SP Kennel prepares to cheer for the Black Team as it may or may not pass their mailbox.
BREAKING STORY ON TRATTORIA!
TEN DAYS ON THE TRAIL - DOGGIES MUST RUN PAST KENNEL - THE TOUGHEST THING FOR A DOG TO DO AFTER 912 PLUS MILES!!!
Snap shot of train in Eagle Summit general area. Rooster below want to organize eagles for summer training prior to next year's Yukon Quest 1000. Into Mile 101 at 10pm EST Monday. We checked at 4am EST Tuesday and they had arrived Two Rivers! FYI - Chena has asked the more mature dogs back at the kennel and they are thinking that this race was very long. Can't wait to hear stories!!!!
S E C O N D P L A C E F O R T H E V E R Y Y O U N G R E D T E A M
Woody finishes in single lead.
R E D T E A M N U M B E R S I X - R E P O R T C A R D S I S S U E D : http://spkenneldoglog.blogspot.com/2017/02/yq300-red-team-wrap-up.html
Red Team : http://spkenneldoglog.blogspot.ca/p/race-rosters-2.html
Red Team dropped a dog in Carmacks (and another before the last push plus a brief ride in the sled toward the end for another youngster).
YQ300 RACE UPDATE LINK
TRACKER (FOLLOW THE DOGGIES)
Chena is so very proud. See her musher's report.
...For too much of 2016, we in the news media — with many stellar exceptions — sometimes were mindless mutts that barked at everything. Partly because of that lapse, the country today needs a robust fourth estate more than ever. We should be infused with a renewed sense of mission. So, for a New Year’s resolution, let’s try harder to be watchdogs, not lap dogs.But of course, the press were lapdogs in the end. Which is why they made sure the GOP candidate chosen would be someone they felt was unfit, unqualified and un-Republican enough to pose a threat in the general election to Democrat...Hillary!
Dog Festival Set for June 5Chena is excited about this, but since the cost of admission that day to Winslow (dog) Park is not inconsiderable, she has decided not to tell her brothers and sisters.
Posted 05/18/16 at 07:38 PM
With Fairfield’s Dogwood Festival in the rear view mirror, Westport is ready to unleash an event with some real bark—a Dog Festival on Sunday, June 5, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Winslow Park...
Muzzling the mushers? New Iditarod rule prohibits disparaging comments from mushers
Suzanna Caldwell, Alaska Dispatch News
March 1, 2016
Iditarod mushers have a new rule to contend with during the Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race this year: Keeping their opinions to themselves.
Rule 53, the “personal conduct policy,” states from the date a musher signs up for the 1,000-mile sled dog race until 45 days after the last entrant completes the event, mushers shall “not make public statements or engage in any public conduct injurious to and in reckless disregard of the best interests of the race” or its sponsors...Story in full: http://www.adn.com/article/20160301/muzzling-mushers-new-iditarod-rule-prohibits-disparaging-comments-mushers
REPORTAGE (not "portage" please) BY OTHER WOOFER OUTLETS:
- COPPER BASIN 300: Scout's report: "Woof, woof, woof" - a pithy translation: "If you add up the 2016 finishing position numbers (3 + 4 = 7) and compare to 2015 (1 + 6 = 7) we are awesome." Scout is particularly proud that the Red Team was able to escape with no in-race injuries or other need for doggie drop (for example) .
- Leaving Meldentra: An opportunity for somebody!!! SP Kennel teams will have to do some catching up to do to win...nobody caught the first place team on the last leg.
- Halfway home...and the word is...watch out for the heat! Best conditioned athletes will win - this is Chena's take on the whole race, as far as the 4-legged group is concerned.
- Resting in Meiers Lake, Scout reports back that the rest came at a good time, and that he had a couple of great meals so far at the restaurant (used his DNN press pass) - "The soup was fantastic!!!"
- Based upon her instincts, Chena knows she should be confused, but she isn't - "Red Team is moving fast and Black Team even faster" but she isn't sure who some of the other teams are. Except for Matt, Nic, Ryne and Sebastian and a couple of late closers name "Redington" - sounds like a fast race!!! Asks reporter for DNN Scout to get back to her...
- Chena notes Macgellan reminds us of the particular details of Copper Basin 300 - this is a true 300 miler designed for just that - 300 miles with balance of up and down and strait-away, traffic and mushiness. This is an "urban" Alaska trail (that is urban only in Alaska) and not a trail lost in the wilderness and vastness the state. With four stops to choose from for official rests, it might seem that it is more comparable to the Iditarod distances than Yukon Quest. Camping on the trail is not for the leader group, since it can't be figured in to the required stop time...hmm
- Only two SP Kennel teams this year...who made the grade?
- Chena assigned to "DOGGEREL TEAM" and has her first entry here self-deleted. "Until there is news, we will wait to compose" she states ruefully. "This is a lesson in economics - save your resources for future unanticipated necessities" says Chena. Sounds like a plan!
Chena is proud of herself, joining Big Man on Campus Scruggs in lead to finish fifth by a few seconds (behind the Red Team, which took 4th). So how fast did they run?
She thought everyone should know that "sprint" races such as the Koyukuk River Sprint are two days, with the race each day 18 miles long. According to what Chena has been able to find, searching the files of the old About Weston website, SP Kennel entered this race in 2013 - it is in a native village where the Red Team leader had worked a long time ago.
"Can you believe it? SP Kennel dogs, trained for long distance races, ran it at a 15mph clip???" Chena remarked, having just completed her Solstice race of 50 miles at 5:25mph.
"That's motoring - three times as fast as at the Solstice 50!!!" she noted, pointing out the fact her mother, Olivia, was that previous team's leader.
The controversial financing of a $200 million outpatient facility at the University of Connecticut Health Center is the center of a dispute between the state auditors and the university.
And UConn records also show the university paid a New York investment banker $1.3 million for securing the nearly 5 percent loan that Auditors John C. Geragosian and Robert M. Ward estimate also cost the state $77 million in unnecessary interest costs.
The auditors objected this week to UConn officials’ recent assertion that the bipartisan watchdog office failed to voice objections to the financing – secured in December 2012 – during two earlier meetings with university staff.
Geragosian and Ward told The Mirror that the auditors never were apprised of the full details of the financing plan and, regardless, are prohibited from giving management advice.
They also noted that the university never made its claim about a lack of guidance in its written comments included in the audit – or in initial public statements after its publication on July 29.
A revised statement responding to the audit was issued in early August after various media reports on the financing and one legislative leader wrote to the university requesting more information on the deal.
UConn's attempt to shift some of the responsibility for its management decision to pursue this financing plan "is misguided," Ward said, adding that the auditors are prohibited from acting as a management consultant to any agency or higher education institution, given that it periodically must audit them all. “The simplest way to say that is you can’t audit your own work...
A revised statement responding to the audit was issued in early August after various media reports on the financing and one legislative leader wrote to the university requesting more information on the deal.
UConn's attempt to shift some of the responsibility for its management decision to pursue this financing plan "is misguided," Ward said, adding that the auditors are prohibited from acting as a management consultant to any agency or higher education institution, given that it periodically must audit them all. “The simplest way to say that is you can’t audit your own work.”
Agencies and institutions occasionally request meetings with the auditors or their staff, Geragosian said, but the latter only provide guidance on which statutes, regulations or other rules govern a particular topic. “We would not provide approval, in any way,” for a financing plan or any other management decision...
- WILLIE HIRED BY EDITOR IN CHIEF CHENA! VERY PROUD IS WILLIE - "WOOF" (Translation: Mom ChaCha gave me a wink and a nose bop when she heard about it from Olivia the other day!) Look ahead to Iditarod...
- READ OF START: http://www.adn.com/article/20160212/iditarod-board-affirms-race-will-start-willow-march-6
- WEATHER REPORT FROM IDITARTOD CHECKPOINTS - START IN ANCHORAGE, RESTART IN WILLOW.
- This is going to be one very strange Iditarod, we think. Stranger than 2014. Without sufficient snow to brake, will it be lots of fast times and even more injured mushers???
Chena's plan this year was to keep track of both the YQ1000 and YQ300 via the SP Kennel website and its lynx. "Since I am running with the Red Team in the YQ300 the DNN team will pick up the slack" she stated.
"My good friend, a lynx in the neighborhood, tells me that social media and increasingly excellent GIS in Alaska (after all, they do have a lot of land to map) and the Yukon in Canada have improved the capabilities to cluster info, and makes it a waste of time to try to duplicate their great work here." Forward thinking for a bunch of forward animals!!!